We know you all have questions about what your appointments will look like when we reopen.
While things in the office will operate a bit differently for a little while, your health and safety will always be our number one concern!
Dr. Kanning, Dr. Leeper, and our staff have been working hard throughout the lockdown. From virtual checkups and consults to mailing rubber bands to preparing for a safe reopening, we’ve been hard at work getting ready to see our patients very soon! We’ve been very fortunate to have the opportunity to see patients virtually for some appointments throughout this time. Moving forward, we will continue to utilize this technology to address issues on the fly, and we will plan your virtual and in-person appointments accordingly.
When we reopen for regularly scheduled appointments, please understand that we will continue to follow guidelines for preventing the spread of any infectious disease, as outlined by the standards set by the CDC, American Association of Orthodontists, and other local professional organizations.
We must limit the number of people we have in the office at a time. We will be staggering the scheduling of patients we see each day. To do that, we are temporarily adding additional clinic days and times so that we can spread out appointments more effectively.
Here are some of the changes you can expect when you arrive:
- Please arrive for your appointment 15 minutes early.
- Our teeth brushing stations are currently closed. Please come to your appointment with freshly brushed teeth.
- Once you arrive, you will see signs that have a QR code to scan. Scanning that code from your smartphone will start the check-in process and let us know that you’re here! You will be asked some questions related to your health, symptoms, and exposure to COVID-19. It is essential that you answer these questions honestly. If you are symptomatic or at-risk, we will work to address any issues or concerns with a Virtual Checkup and reschedule your in-office appointment. Can’t get the QR code to work? Enter the link on the sign into your phone’s browser instead.
- Once you’ve checked in, please wait for someone on our team to come get you! To protect our patients and our team and to help us limit the number of people in the office, we have temporarily closed our waiting room and are asking that parents and siblings wait in the car. This will help us keep our space as safe and sanitary as possible. Don’t worry — it won’t be that way forever! A little extra caution at this time makes all of us feel safer.
- Upon entering the office, check-in will look a bit different. When you arrive, you’ll be greeted and checked in for your appointment– no need to check yourself in using the iPad.
- Each patient must wash their hands and sanitize well before they are seen.
- Our team will reach out via phone or text to schedule your next appointment.
- We utilize high-level sterilization techniques for your safety and health. We will continue to be diligent in our efforts to keep our office safe for you and your family.
Parents: We will be happy to call or text you after your child’s appointment to fill you in on progress and next steps. If you have any specific concerns you’d like us to address during the appointment, please feel free to contact us prior to their appointment or initiate a Virtual Checkup.
All of this is subject to change depending on the information we receive and the recommendations of the State, ADA, and the AAO. Please check back for updates or feel free to contact us with any questions.
We truly appreciate your patience through all of this! We can’t wait to get you all back in the chair so we can get to work on those smiles!